In the cold winter months, it’s only natural that we’ll gravitate towards heavier, more decadent foods. After all, these kinds of foods do a good job warming us up. Of course, chocolate is one of the most popular treat options out there. From hot cocoa to a delicious chocolate bar or cookies, it seems like there can never be too much chocolate in the house in the wintertime. And now that Christmas is just around the corner, everyone is looking for delicious dessert ideas that will be everyone’s favorites, and we’ve got a winning recipe right here: Hot Chocolate Lasagna. We know that name sounds rather disorienting and strange, but this dish is every chocoholic’s dream come to life. Not to mention, it’s a no-bake recipe, making it easy to make! It may take a little time to prepare, but we can assure you that it’s more than worth the effort. Once you get a taste of it, you won’t be able to think about how you’ve survived without it for so long. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get into it.
Hot Chocolate Lasagna
What You’ll Need:
For the oreo crust:
- 36 Oreo cookies-ground
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-melted
For the chocolate cheesecake mousse layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter – softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 (0.73 oz) envelops of instant hot cocoa mix (milk chocolate flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
For the chocolate pudding layer:
- 2 (3.8 oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
For the topping:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream (or 2 1/2 cups whipped cream)
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Chocolate topping or Nutella for serving
- Start with the crust. Place the oreo filling into a food processor and ground into fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a 13×9 inch casserole dish. Put in the fridge or freezer to cool while making the next layer.
- For the hot chocolate cheesecake mousse layer, beat softened butter and cream cheese with vanilla and powdered sugar until it’s all creamy and smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream and instant milk chocolate powder together until stiff peaks form. Fold half of the hot chocolate whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture before folding in the other half. Spread it over the crust and set it in the fridge or freezer to firm.
- For the pudding layer, whisk the instant pudding mix in a bowl with milk until it begins to thicken. Stir in the mini marshmallows and spread it over the chocolate mousse layer. Put it back in the fridge or freezer to set.
- When the pudding layer is fully set, make whipped cream. Beat heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar until those familiar stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the pudding layer. Then, place the whole thing in the fridge for a few hours or better yet, overnight.
- Before serving, scatter 2 cups of mini marshmallows over the whipped cream. Serve it drizzled with melted chocolate, Nutella, or chocolate topping
- Any leftovers – if there are any – should be stored in the fridge.